Right to Left support - weird behavior when adding lang="he"

Question

• I'm trying to build an app in Hebrew, and so I added to the opening <html> tag the language attribute =>

<html lang="he">

This, as far as I can tell is the proper way to add support to Right to Left languages in a metro app. (the winjs css files are paying notice to this pseudo selector).

In the RP version this used to work. In the RTM however, I'm experiencing a very weird bug;

If I run the basic Grid app and go to the GroupDetail.html page, This is what u see when I add the adding the lang="he" attribute.

as you can see the whole page is scrambled. Trying to debug this (there's just no reason for the items to be on top of each other), I tried to make the app start directly in this page - GroupDetails.html, so I changed the start page accordingly, and set the lang="he" in that page as well.

When I then run the app, I see it as it should be. (There are still margin problems, but that's ok - that was in the RP version as well).

The items overlapping each other ONLY happens when I navigate into this page. This is not the only visual bug - In all other pages there are "bugs" as well, and as far as I can tell this only happens when I use Navigation.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/eladkatz @ElatKt

Saturday, August 25, 2012 5:44 PM

Answers

All replies