none
**URGENT The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all. Randomly out the blue this error is coming up on my clients when they are trying to connect.

I am using this here and have done successfully for many months now, maybe closer to a year.

Is there anything I need to check, change etc?

Thanks Scott

Friday, November 23, 2012 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

I got an email from support this morning saying they resolved the issue. It does seem to be working for me now. Support did not provide any additional information as to the cause and resolution of this issue.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Sanjeev Bhutt

Monday, November 26, 2012 5:02 PM

All replies

• I got the impression Microsoft staff would be monitoring these forum to answer any of these questions?

It's certainly nothing at my end as the application has not been touched for weeks and my clients were working happily yesterday.

They are working now but that is because I have manually entered the IP for this particular person.

Thanks Scott

Friday, November 23, 2012 3:03 PM
  • This is now urgent.

I now have another independent client having exactly the same problem. Something has changed at the SQL end. Please any Microsoft employees can you look into this.

Or where can I go to get a solution?

Scott 

Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:47 AM
  • my last attempt.

Status code = 500

"<Error xmlns=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlazure/2010/12/\">\r\n  <Code>40640</Code>\r\n  <Message>The server encountered an unexpected exception.</Message>\r\n  <Severity>20</Severity>\r\n  <State>1</State>\r\n</Error>"

Happening on two clients now for 3 days.

Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:32 AM
  • Hi Scott,

I am experiencing the same error - both when I use the REST API to list the SQL Servers in the subscription as well as when I use the REST API to create firewall rules. The identical code was working fine on Wednesday Nov 21st. I've submitted a support incident to Microsoft, but have not yet had a confimation that there is a problem in Azure.

I too am concerned about the viability of my solution in Azure as this extended down-time is a problem.

Sanjeev

Sanjeev Bhutt

Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Really appreciate you letting me know. Please keep in touch and Monday I will also log a service call. Thanks Sanjeev. Scott
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:17 PM
  • Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are actively working on both the problem and why our own monitoring didn't detect this.

Monday, November 26, 2012 1:11 AM
  • Hi Scott,

I got an email from support this morning saying they resolved the issue. It does seem to be working for me now. Support did not provide any additional information as to the cause and resolution of this issue.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Sanjeev Bhutt

Monday, November 26, 2012 5:02 PM
  • Hi Sanjeev,

Yes my system started working Monday morning quite early UK time. The error seems to have been resolved.

It was more disruption for me with the same company I had data sync errors whereby the login credentials where disappearing and syncing would randomly stop.

I have not been totally impressed with Microsoft and the speed in which they handle problems. This is now a service industry and user expectations have been risen. I am accountable to my third party companies and Microsoft does not feel accountable to me.

I understand they are working hard to resolve these issues but I feel there is a missing link somewhere.

Thanks for you're reply on this and good luck!

Scott

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:59 AM
  • We are still working on the detailed root cause analysis, but I don't have an exact timeline. If you let the Support Engineer with whom you are working know you would like it, they can provide it to you when we have it done.

We will also generally post some details in the outage notification on the dashboard once we are done with the investigation.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:43 PM