none
Adding 3rd party driver setup.exe file issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody,

I am using ICE to create WES 7 image.

So I was trying To add one 3rd party driver which is .exe to the $OEM$ Folders in the Distribution share. But it was not working for me.

After searching in this forum, I have followed the following steps:

1. Created an $OEM$ folder by doing the following:
      1. In the Distribution Share pane in ICE, right-clicked the distribution-share path, and then clicked Explore Distribution Share.
      2. Navigated to the $OEM$ Folders directory, and then added a new subfolder called "Custom Files".
      3. Under Custom Files, added a new subfolder called "$OEM$".
      4. In the $OEM$ folder I just created additional subfolders and files as necessary. Here, to deliver the file "MyCustomExecutable.exe" to the root of the install partition, the full path given as follows:"%distributionshareroot%\$OEM$ Folders\Custom Files\$OEM$\$1\MyCustomExecutable.exe".
    2. Added the $OEM$ folder to an answer file by doing the following:
      1. In the Distribution Share pane in ICE, expanded the $OEM$ Folders node.
      2. Right-clicked the Custom Files folder, and clicked Inserted Oem Folders Path.

Problem: While installing the image its throwing one error: Windows cannot copy file from <"%distributionshareroot%\$OEM$ Folders\Custom Files\$OEM$\$1\MyCustomExecutable.exe"> to <some destination folder> . It’s also mentioning “Make sure all files required for installation are available.” Error Code: 80070108.

can anyone have idea on this?

Thanks in advance,

Janu.

Friday, October 19, 2012 9:36 AM

All replies

• Do you see the .exe file in the AutoUnattend folder of the custom IBW disk?

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:57 PM
  • Did you do the:

• Tools
    • Create media
    • Create IBW Image from Answer File

dance?

=^x^=

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Thanks for the reply….

So now I am able to add path to OEM folder. Actually I was writing the command in the Path in steed of Description.

It’s working for me when I add it in oobeSystem pass.

But I need to add the driver exe in audit user pass, for that I am using following steps:

1. Adding the driver exe to the system32 folder using Insert OEM Folder Path.(Its added properly).
    2. Adding the command (i.e.) driver exe to the configuration pass using “ Insert->Synchronous Command->Pass6 auditUser..
    3. Then installing the image using Answer file.
    4.  Running Sysprep.
    sysprep /generalize /audit /shutdown 
    1. Then after next boot its throwing some errors. “ Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [Mircrosoft-Windows-Deployment].”.
    2. When I press OK it restarts ,and again  its throwing error message, this time error message is “ Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation.”.
    3. When I restart, it repeats the same above mentioned error.

What I expect is the driver to be installed in audit user configuration pass.

Note: My driver exe does not support command options like  /quiet for quiet mode or /a for automatic mode.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Is this some specialized driver for your own hardware?

Can't it be extracted and dumped in Out-of-box drivers, where a PMQ import would find it?

You need 2 unattend files. First is the one created by your "create IBW from answer file" and the second is the same file, minus all the cruft you really do not need. 

(I am in the middle of re-installing everything due to HP disk drives being flaky, so I can't provide an example right now.)

You need the generalize, specialize, oobesystem and some things like "skipoobe"...

You also need to buy Sean Liming's book, it really is worth the 70 or so $ just in saved hassles like the above.

=^x^=

Friday, October 26, 2012 2:17 AM