none
[UWP][HTML]Using Windows.Media.Playback.MediaPlayer RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to use the new Windows.Media.Playback.MediaPlayer object in a JS app and get it to show the video in a video element? XAML has MediaPlayerElement.SetMediaPlayer(mediaPlayer) but I couldn't find an equivalent on the video element.
    Friday, August 12, 2016 1:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Tim,

As far as I know, Windows.Media.Playback.MediaPlayer is currently relying on XAML or Composition API, which are not available in html.

So, it is not possible to use a Windows.Media.Playback.MediaPlayer in UWP(JS) together with video element.

If you still have requirements on this feature, you can try to submit your idea to User Voice site: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/.

You can also submit this feature request/feedback in the Windows 10 feedback app.

Monday, August 15, 2016 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Tim Greenfield,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools 

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 15, 2016 1:52 AM
  • Hi Tim,

As far as I know, Windows.Media.Playback.MediaPlayer is currently relying on XAML or Composition API, which are not available in html.

So, it is not possible to use a Windows.Media.Playback.MediaPlayer in UWP(JS) together with video element.

If you still have requirements on this feature, you can try to submit your idea to User Voice site: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/.

You can also submit this feature request/feedback in the Windows 10 feedback app.

Monday, August 15, 2016 5:30 AM