none
USB/COM device driver previously passed Window 7 certification, now failed Window 10 certification RRS feed

• Question

• We have many USB/COM interface device drivers, obtained the Window 7 certification in both 32/64bit. As many customers are now upgrading or preparing to upgrade their PC to Window 10. We need to get the device driver digitally signed for Window 10. We get a 3rd party to do the certification for us. However, we were told it failed to get through the tests. The vendor told us that there is issue with compatible ID and also our device driver didn't match the Window 10 power management requirements. They mention that not only the driver has to be modified, our product firmware has to make changes as well. However, I went through all the notes regarding the signing of drivers in Window 10 but I haven't come across anywhere that mention about the additional requirements needed in order to apply the modification.

Can anyone tells me what are the exact changes/requirements in Window 10 as compared to Window 7 that we need to supply in order to get through the certification signing of our device driver? Right now, I have no idea how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 14, 2016 5:34 AM