none
.net framework 4.8 depending on .netcore 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a .net Framework 4.8 project that depends on a couple .netcore 3.0 projects, but i get the error below. How am I able to safely navigate around this error?

netcoreapp3.0 cannot be referenced by a project that targets '.netframework version=v4.8'

Respectfully,

RM0076

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Rm0076,

Sorry for delay in reply.

For your requirement, I’m afraid that the answer might be negative. Like the error message .net core app 3.0 cannot be referenced by projects targets .net framework 4.8. 

If you want to share code between .NET Core and .NET Framework apps/libraries, you could make the shared project target .NET Standard. If you create a .NET Standard 2.1 project, I think it could be used in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET Framework 4.6.1+ projects. Please refer more from .NET implementation support.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:25 AM
  • Hi friend,

Sorry to disturb you. Did you have any update?

This error message is caused by using different framework that not fully compatible with each other. .NET Core is not supported to be referenced from .NET Framework by design. You could refer more from the official documents and please check this similar issue.

In addition, I suggest you consider using .NET Standard to compatible .NET Framework and .NET Core, since the .NET Standard is a formal specification of .NET APIs that are intended to be available on all .NET implementations.

Hope all above could help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:28 AM