how to edit multiple pages at the same time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm new to this program. I've opened the map with the .php files of my sites now in Microsoft Expression.

I want to add a button on all sites, but it takes ages to add the same button on all sites maually..

Is there a way to add them on all my .php pages at the same time?

Thanks in advance

Friday, April 15, 2011 2:27 PM

All replies

• I have no idea what you mean by "map" in this context. As far as content which repeats on all pages, you should be using either a templating technology such as DWTs (Dynamic Web Templates) or ASP.NET master pages, or includes, either design-time or server side.

Given that your pages appear to be all php, I would suggest encapsulating your menu, or whatever it is that needs a button added, into an include file and using php includes or requires in your pages' source. Modify the include, and all pages that reference it get the modification with nothing else required. Please see http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_includes.asp.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 3:52 PM