How to retrieve query details from Azure Log Analytics using 2 web activities in ADF RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have enabled all the Diagnostic Settings of my ADF and in Log Analytics workspace i am able to query all the required tables.

Now i want to get the Log Analytics query output in ADF pipeline.

For this i have created a Service Principal with Log Analytics API Data.Read permission and have also created a Secret for this SP.

I have also added this Service Principal in my Log Analytics Workspace with Log Analytics Reader role permission.

I am able to get the required query output when i am using Web Activity to get the OAuth Token and then Copy Activity with RestService DataSet to create a file in blob.

But instead of using Copy Activity i want to use Web Activity to retrieve the required data.

In the 1st Web Activity i have provided the following info:

URL - https://login.microsoft.com/tenantid/oauth2/token

Method - POST

Headers - Content-Type : application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Body - grant_type=client_credentials&client_id=ClientIdOfMySP&resource=https://api.loganalytics.io/&client_secret=ClientSecretOfMySP

My 1st web activity with all this information is running successfully and i am receiving the token.

My 2nd web activity is as follows:

URL - https://api.loganalytics.io/v1/workspaces/MyWorkSpaceId/query

Method - POST

Headers - 1) Authorization :  @concat(string(activity('Web1').output.token_type),'',string(activity('Web1').output.access_token))

2) X-Api-Key : ClientSecretOfMySP

3) Content-Type : application/json

Body - {"query":"ADFPipelineRun"}

The input provided to the 2nd activity is as follows:

I am getting the following error when running this pipeline:

I also tried providing contributor and owner access to the service principal on my log analytics workspace, but still getting the same error. 

Monday, May 11, 2020 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hello PriyaJha , 

I suggest you to please try with postman/curl to query the log analytics data and then implement the same in ADF . 

Thanks Himanshu
    ================
    If you think my answer helped you , please click "mark as answer " , this will be help other community members to get to the resolution faster
    Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:31 PM
  • Hello , 

Just reaching out and checking if the postman/curl call worked for you ?

Thanks Himanshu
    ================
    If you think my answer helped you , please click "mark as answer " , this will be help other community members to get to the resolution faster

Thursday, May 14, 2020 1:23 AM
  • Hello , 

We have not heard back from you  . If you have a resolution please do share it here with the community , so that others can benefit from it .

Thanks Himanshu
    ================

Monday, May 18, 2020 3:49 PM
  • HI Himanshu

Thanks for your reply and sorry for late reply.

Till now i have not explored Postman/curl call or tried any other method for this issue. 

As soon as i would work on it, would update the progress here.

Friday, May 22, 2020 9:37 AM