none
Submit infopath form (email --> me --> upload to Sharepoint) RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon All,

Wondering (hoping) that someone can help me out on my problem with infopath.

What I want to do basically is upload an infopath form that has been completed by the user to my Sharepoint site.

The flow is as follows;

1) User fills in form (that I created and sent to them) and emails it to me.

2) I upload it to my Sharepoint site for review by out team.

I realize the ideal method is to have the form submitted directly to the sp site and would have liked to setup a workflow around it but I am in a lab on a clients site that has tight restrictions on access. The Sharepoint site will be accessible to lab personel only and is not able to process email requeste (no smtp).

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Friday, November 12, 2010 9:31 PM

Answers

• I think the task is pretty simple.  You can setup a macro in Outlook that will look for an email message with a specific Subject line.  Then based on the subject line Outlook can automatically save the attachment to a specific network folder.  You could also do by having outlook loook for an attachment with a specific file name.

You don't even need a macro you can manually setup an event in outlook that checks for email with a specific subject line and saves the email in a specific folder on your sharepoint.

jdweng
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, November 19, 2010 8:44 AM
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 4:27 PM