Copyright symbol, single quote and double quotes missing after deploying through deployment package! RRS feed

• Question

• User-1922216005 posted

Hi All,

I have a strange problem and I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong or is this a bug or not.

Problem:

I've created a website using .NET 2.0 and I'm using Web deployment package. I have then added a setup project to create the deployment package (MSI).

When I run the deployment package on the DEV server (Windows Server 2008), I see that the copyright symbol, single quotes and double quotes are replaced by a box character!!. On my local machine (Windows XP) all the symbols are showing fine. Please note that other special characters, $, comma (,) etc, are displying fine.

I've spent almost a day trying to figure out the problem but with no success.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santhosh

Monday, February 23, 2009 4:33 PM

Answers

• User372121194 posted

Hi,

Were symbols image files? It seems these image files are not displayed on target machine.

If so, we can try to check image's location (URL) from the website that we installed in target machine. We need to make sure the image file existed in correct location.

We can right click image from page and select Properties to view its Address (URL) within IE.

I look forward to receiving your test results.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:58 AM