none
Looking for help deciphering a permission error I'm getting attempting to store key/value using Office.context.roamingSettings.set RRS feed

• Question

• Starting last Monday (July 15th 2019) users of my add-in started reported issues attempting to login into a third party service through the add-in. This was happening because storing settings using Office.context.roamingSettings.set was returning a permission denied. This add-in has been live for years and I haven't released any changes in months. It seems to be related to a windows/office/outlook update but it's inconsistent between users and is not a problem using Outlook in the browser. Has there been a permission change that I'm not aware of over the past few weeks??

code:9019
    name: "GenericSettingsError"
    I would post a screenshot of the console log but my account has not been verified apparently. 

Update: It seems to be an issue when saving asynchronously using Office.context.roamingSettings.saveAsync

Update [Aug 7 2019]: For anybody else who might have run into this problem, this issue is caused by a bug in the latest semi-annual release of Office. It has been fixed for Office installations using the "monthly" channel (version 1907) but has not been released for semi-annual (which most users are on) I can't post the URL to the issue on Github but just search for "office-js" > issue 626

Thanks. 

Jef

• Edited by JefCurtis Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:20 PM Update on the problem.
    Monday, July 22, 2019 9:36 PM