Data Factory - Data Flow - Sink - New Datasets - Linked Services - Why only Azure datasets? RRS feed

• Question

• When can we have full stack of other datasets available in Data factory data flow sink datasets?

I see only Azure datasets in sink, all other dataset types are disabled. Is it in roadmap to enable them in future? Or is there any restrictions in subscriptions or region? 

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:17 AM

All replies

• No restriction on subscription/region as such. 

I have seen below feedback requesting to add more connectors but no updates from Product team. You may upvote the feedback.

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/270578-data-factory/suggestions/38036644-add-datasets-to-data-flows-that-can-support-all-th

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" or upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Friday, November 22, 2019 5:25 AM
  • We will keep adding more connectors as native data flow connectors as part of our roadmap.

The pattern that we recommend today is to leverage the Copy Activity capability in ADF pipelines to stage your data for transformation in either Blob or ADLS.

This produces common pipeline patterns for ETL like this:

Friday, November 22, 2019 5:56 AM
  • Which connectors do you like to see? I understand you don't do intend to stage and copy. 
    • Proposed as answer by dataflowuser Friday, November 22, 2019 9:14 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by labdub Friday, November 22, 2019 10:47 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 9:14 PM
  • I would suggest to have all the Azure ADF connectors to be enabled instead restricting to use only Azure datasets.
    Friday, November 22, 2019 10:48 PM
  • I understand its recommended pattern, but most of the customers are looking forward to have full blown usage of the tool if MSFT enable all the connectors instead restricting the connectors. I understand MSFT have multiple sprints to release the items one after the other, but by the time MSFT release the solution market will be already spread with multiple tools, example snaplogic and other ETL/ELT tools. So was asking do we have any plans to release them in near future?
    Friday, November 22, 2019 10:51 PM
  • Hi there,

I would recommend you to provide feedback at the feedback forum. All the feedback you share, is closely monitored by the Data Factory Product team and implemented in future releases.

Also, Regarding service general availability, I would suggest to keep an eye on Azure updates.
    Azure updates provide information about important Azure product updates, roadmap, and announcements.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:20 AM