how to use Windows Media Source filter at graph edit RRS feed

• Question

• hi
     I can add a Windows   Media   Source  filter at graph edit,
    when I add the filter, the graph edit will show a dialog, let me choose a .asf file for it.
     I hope to set a mms url for it.
     How should I do?
     Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 2:40 PM

Answers

• As I've told you twice already (3 times now) you can not use this filter in GraphEdit with a MMS source.  You will have to build a small test application to try it out.
    www.chrisnet.net
    • Marked as answer by VCResearch Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:53 AM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:41 PM

All replies

• The Windows Media Source filter was removed from Windows starting with Vista.  You can use it to render MMS on XP by using the IFileSourceFilter interface from code (won't work from GraphEdit).  There is no stock solution for rendering MMS on Vista or Windows 7.
    www.chrisnet.net
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 3:11 PM
  • I find a filter which name is file source(url) at graph filter's directshow filters' folder.
    I insert it to my graph, the graph filter show a dialog let me choose a file for it.
    I cancel the dialog, because I need the filter as a mms link source filter.
    I hope to input the mms link for the filter.
    but no way let me set.
    How should I set mms link for the file source filter.
    Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 3:30 PM
  • You cannot use the File Source (URL) filter because there is no suitable MMS parser installed.

The Async source filters (both file and URL) are just dumb readers, they don't understand file formats, they just read data as instructed by a pull mode parser/splitter filter.

So to read MMS your only option is the use the Windows Media Source filter (from code only, no GraphEdit testing) and it will only work on 2K and XP.

www.chrisnet.net
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:12 PM
  • I can find " Windows Media Source filter " at  graph edit.
    And it can be added into graph, but not find a way to set mms-link for it.
    How to do?
    Thank.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:27 PM
  • As I've told you twice already (3 times now) you can not use this filter in GraphEdit with a MMS source.  You will have to build a small test application to try it out.
    www.chrisnet.net
    • Marked as answer by VCResearch Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:53 AM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:41 PM