none
Custom action to run quick step RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for a way to create a custom action that runs a quick step.  The end goal is to run a specific quick step automatically based on a client side rule.  Is this possible?

Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello John,

The Outlook object model doesn't provide anything for running a quick step action. Instead, you can use the Outlook object model to do the same actions. What exactly do you need to implement?

Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:48 PM
  • I need to auto reply to an email, but reply with template did not work because I needed to keep the same subject and also include original email and a canned response. So I created a quick step that does the reply with all needed information and then deletes original message. Now just want to find a way to do that automatically, was hoping maybe using a rule with custom action.
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:52 PM
  • You can do whatever you need in the VBA code, i.e. write a macro where you will do the required operations. There is no need to use quick steps. See Getting Started with VBA in Outlook 2010 for more information. But if you need to deploy the solution on multiple PCs you need to develop an add-in. Here is the landing page - Welcome to the Outlook 2013 developer reference .

I'd suggest asking non-programming questions on the Outlook IT Pro Discussions  forum. The current forum is for developers.

Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:03 PM