none
When sending meeting request through outlook(both sender and recipient are same) the meeting request is not syncing with google calendar RRS feed

• Question

•                        

We are developing a new outlook plugin. We have a requirement like Send a meeting request to the self when some condition holds true.
    While doing that the meeting request was added to the outlook calendar but that was not showing in google calendar.
    But when i have provided different recipient i can able to see the meeting request in both calendars.
    Please help on this to resolve this issue. This is high priority item for us.
    Expectation: The meeting request should be displayed in both the calendars i.e outlook and gmail calendar.
    This is the code i am using.
     appointmentItem = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem)outlookApp.CreateItem(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlItemType.olAppointmentItem);
                                appointmentItem.Subject = feedItem[index].FeedTitle;
                                appointmentItem.Location = feedItem[index].FeedLocation;
                                appointmentItem.Body = feedItem[index].FeedDescription;
                                appointmentItem.Start = DateTime.ParseExact(Convert.ToDateTime(feedItem[index].FeedPublishDate).ToString(Constants.APPOINTMENT_STARTTIME_FILTER), Constants.APPOINTMENT_STARTTIME_FILTER, null);
                                appointmentItem.End = Convert.ToDateTime(feedItem[index].FeedPublishDate).AddHours(1);
                                appointmentItem.MeetingStatus = Outlook.OlMeetingStatus.olMeeting;
                                appointmentItem.AllDayEvent = false;

Outlook.Recipients sentTo = appointmentItem.Recipients;
                                Outlook.Recipient sentInvite = null;
                                sentInvite = sentTo.Add(outlookApp.Session.CurrentUser.Address);
                                sentInvite.Type = (int)Outlook.OlMeetingRecipientType.olRequired;
                                ((Outlook._AppointmentItem)appointmentItem).Send();

Note: When i use different email address  other than the invoking user email, its working(I mean both calendars are syncing)
    sentInvite = sentTo.Add(outlookApp.Session.CurrentUser.Address);

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Sivlai,

>>When sending meeting request through outlook(both sender and recipient are same) the meeting request is not syncing with google calendar<<

As far as I know, when we add a Google canlendar to Outlook, it is read-only. We are not able add the appointments in this canlendar via Outlook.

If you have problem using Google canlendar in Outlook, I suggest that you reopen a thread in Outlook- Community or Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:48 AM

All replies

• Try to specify the required attendees. See the RequiredAttendees property which only contains the display names for the required attendees. The attendee list should be set by using the Recipients collection. 
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:31 PM
  • This is not working. i tried this.
    Monday, June 22, 2015 2:22 PM
  • Did you try to do the same operation manually in Outlook? Do you get the same results?
    Monday, June 22, 2015 2:34 PM
  • Yes, i tried through manually also. Yes i am seeing the same results. The meeting request has been shown in outlook but it is not showing in google calendar.

Ex:

I sent a meeting request through outlook.

To: xyz@contoso.com

Meeting request is displaying in outlook. But the meeting request is not showing in google calendar.

Automatic sync is not taking place between outlook and google calendar. Could you please suggest any workarounds.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:31 AM
  • Looks like a bug in Outlook. I'd suggest submitting your feedback here. Don't forget to choose the "Fix an existing problem" option below the text box.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 12:13 PM
  • Thanks for your response. Yes looks like it is a bug.

I submitted the feedback.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:00 AM
  • Please update the forum thread if you get any feedback from MS.
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:42 AM
  • Hi Sivlai,

>>When sending meeting request through outlook(both sender and recipient are same) the meeting request is not syncing with google calendar<<

As far as I know, when we add a Google canlendar to Outlook, it is read-only. We are not able add the appointments in this canlendar via Outlook.

If you have problem using Google canlendar in Outlook, I suggest that you reopen a thread in Outlook- Community or Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:48 AM