Cannot get developer license for Windows RT 8.1 [0xC03F1014]

Question

• Hi,

When trying to obtain a developer license on my Surface Running Windows RT 8.1 (version 6.3 build 9600), I'm getting the following error:

We couldn't get your developer license for Windows RT 8.1

Error 0xC03F1014.

I read that the issue could be related to Windows activation, but Windows is activated on both the tablet and the developer machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio

Monday, October 28, 2013 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Mauricio,

If you are still experiencing issues getting a developer license on your Windows 8.1 machine, I would advise you to open a support case to help you further with this.

You may already have support cases associated with your developer account so you can use your developer account to open a support case.   

1.)    Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupportwith your developer account.  

2.)    Towards the bottom of the page, there is a link that says “…contact us immediately.”  

3.)    Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  

a. Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
    b. Category: “appropriate category" 
    c. Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/ “Start Email”

Thanks,

Prashant

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:22 PM
  • Yes, the page was redesigned since Prashant's post. Follow the "Developer Tools" link on http://aka.ms/storesupport instead of "...contact us immediately."

--Rob

Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:34 AM
    Owner
  • Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:11 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Mauricio,

Can you validate if your Windows 8.1 is the original version? If yes, try to create a temporary account and install VS to see if the issue has been solved, otherwise use a original version of system is necessary.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:27 AM
  • Hi,

As I said, Windows is activated, so yes, it is "original." I tried to use a temporary account with administrator privileges, but that didn't work. I cannot install Visual Studio on the target machine because its a Surface RT, so that's a dead end too.

Mauricio

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:00 AM
  • Hi Mauricio,

If you are still experiencing issues getting a developer license on your Windows 8.1 machine, I would advise you to open a support case to help you further with this.

You may already have support cases associated with your developer account so you can use your developer account to open a support case.   

1.)    Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupportwith your developer account.  

2.)    Towards the bottom of the page, there is a link that says “…contact us immediately.”  

3.)    Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  

a. Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
    b. Category: “appropriate category" 
    c. Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/ “Start Email”

Thanks,

Prashant

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:22 PM
  • I don't see a "contact us immediately' link - has it been renamed?
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:00 AM
  • Yes, the page was redesigned since Prashant's post. Follow the "Developer Tools" link on http://aka.ms/storesupport instead of "...contact us immediately."

--Rob

Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:34 AM
    Owner
  • Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:11 PM
    Owner