Any plans of supporting CDN + SSL + Custom Domain ? RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any plans of supporting CDN + SSL + Custom Domain ?

In our case of a silverlight application, it's quite hard to play with urls pointing to different domains because of security restrictions of silverlight...

Friday, May 13, 2011 6:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Clement,

Thanks for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Friday, May 13, 2011 6:48 PM
  • Any update on this topic?

Some things are simply impossible to implement with cross domains and it's putting a lot of blockers for us.

For example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc838236(v=vs.95).aspx explains that siverlight custom loading screens execpt for indeterminate screens.

It seems that Silverlight and Azure CDN don't play well together.

Monday, May 16, 2011 8:13 AM
  • Hello Clement,

From the document, Overview of the Windows Azure CDN, it supports SSL and Custom Domain. Please check the "Accessing cached content over HTTPS" section and the "Accessing cached content with custom domains" section.

Since the a SilverLight application package is similar to a static resource, you can also put it into a blob storage and distribute it to CDN too. So that your SilverLight application and static resources will be in the same domain.

If you need further assistance in this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:41 AM
  • Hi Wenchao.

Well SSL and Custom Domain are available are separate features but you cannot use both.

MSDN says: You must use the CDN domain to access content. HTTPS support is not available for custom domain names (CNAMEs) since the CDN does not support custom certificates at this time.

I'm asking when it will be possible to use both featues together, maybe by uploading my cert to the CDN or something like that

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:36 AM
  • Hi Clement,

You want to support SSL for your custom CDN domain.

As for now, as far as I know, we don't have a plan for this yet. But I think it will be added in the future since it may be necessary in some cases.

However, this feature has been requested in http://www.mygreatwindowsazureidea.com/forums/34192-windows-azure-feature-voting/suggestions/1332683-access-to-cdn-over-ssl-https?ref=title. You can vote for it and wait for news.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    • Marked as answer by clement_911 Friday, May 20, 2011 3:13 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 2:38 AM
  • I see.

Hopefully it'll make it through a next version.

Friday, May 20, 2011 3:13 AM