metro ui search doesnt show up search results

Question

• when i search in metro interface the search is succeful in apps ,settings but when i select files it doesnt show anything.But when search starts all three sections (app,settings,files) shows number of matches ,but when i click files it doesnt show up any file inspite it shows number of matches
    Monday, October 03, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Sadiqna,

Have you performed a Refresh or Reset?  If not I would recommend trying this first to see if it resolves your issue. 

• Refresh gives you an easy option to restart fresh while retaining all of your documents, accounts, personal settings, and even the apps you have downloaded.
    • Advanced options allow for Complete Reset, which restores the PC to the state it was in when originally purchased.

You can access the reset options by selecting the CONTROL PANEL tile in the Metro Style UI, scrolling to select MORE SETTINGS, and selecting RECOVERY.

Thanks,

Sean

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:13 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Sadiqna,

Can you confirm if this has always happened or just started happening?

Monday, October 03, 2011 6:44 PM
    Answerer
  • i was busy with other works. i think its from begining itself .
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:08 PM
  • Hi Sadiqna,

Have you performed a Refresh or Reset?  If not I would recommend trying this first to see if it resolves your issue. 

• Refresh gives you an easy option to restart fresh while retaining all of your documents, accounts, personal settings, and even the apps you have downloaded.
    • Advanced options allow for Complete Reset, which restores the PC to the state it was in when originally purchased.

You can access the reset options by selecting the CONTROL PANEL tile in the Metro Style UI, scrolling to select MORE SETTINGS, and selecting RECOVERY.

Thanks,

Sean

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:13 PM
    Answerer
  • why should i refresh ?,search results was not showing starting from the installation itself .Does refresh make it any difference.any way i will try refresh tommarow .In between : after i refresh my home pc (different one than i am talking about) ,my library was not added to search index automatically (i had to manually add folders in index options).Will like that problem arise if i refresh my Laptop ?
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:26 PM
  • Hi Sadiqna,

I recommended the Refresh because I am unable to replicate the issue. The Refresh should retain all of your documents, accounts, personal settings and apps. The Complete Reset restores the PC to it's original state when in which yes, you would have to re-index your files and folders.

There are other options as well if the issue is still present after the Refresh and/or Complete Reset.

Thanks,

Sean

Thursday, October 06, 2011 12:57 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Sadiqna,

We've heard similar reports. We believe we have pinpointed the issue but any details you can give for your repro of the issue would be helpful.

• Where are the files you are expecting to be returned located (under "MyDocuments", in a local folder, on a remote share, etc.)?
    • Does searching again from file search with a different query repro the issue?
    • Does the issue go away after restart?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Friday, November 04, 2011 6:23 PM
  • Hi Sadiqna,

While replying to Brian's post above, it will be nice if you can give us the search term for which you are seeing this behavior? Is it for any search or for some selected search terms? If specific search terms, can you share the terms with us?

Thanks,

Sirish

Sirishs
    Friday, November 04, 2011 6:51 PM