Getting currently displayed image on primary tile on application launch RRS feed

• Question

• I'm updating the primary tile of my app using this code:

var tileUpdater = Windows.UI.Notifications.TileUpdateManager.createTileUpdaterForApplication();
    tileUpdater.enableNotificationQueue(true);

var length = Math.min(photos.length, 5);
    if (length)
    {
        for (var i = 0; i < length; i++)
        {
            var tileContent = NotificationsExtensions.TileContent.TileContentFactory.createTileSquareImage();
            var photoIndex = parseInt(Math.random() * (photos.length - 1));
            tileContent.image.src = photos[photoIndex].thumbnail150Url();
            tileUpdater.update(tileContent.createNotification());
        }
    }

Now when my app is launched by clicking the Tile, I would like to know which image the user clicked at launch in order to directly navigate to that image. Is there any way to do this? I couldn't locate any information in the startup event arguments.

weichhold.com

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:46 PM

Answers

• No, this is not available.  The OS is flipping these images for you and the app does not know what is being displayed when you click it.  Would secondary tiles fit your need better?

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:51 PM

All replies

• No, this is not available.  The OS is flipping these images for you and the app does not know what is being displayed when you click it.  Would secondary tiles fit your need better?

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:51 PM

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Probably. But apart from this Problem I was perfectly happy with a single tile :)

weichhold.com

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:53 PM
  • Seems surprising limitation.  Suppose one pushes a tile update.  User is interested in that item.  When user taps on tile, there is no way to bring them to that new item?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:05 AM