none
BI Templates in VS 2017 RC2

All replies

• Hi friend,

I’ve also tried to download Download SQL Server Data Tools (17.0 RC1), but the description says includes support for SQL Server vNext , but not recommended for production use.

It is more related to “SQL Server vNext” than to “Visual Studio vNext”. And it’s just SSDT for Visual Studio 2015. 

As we know, SSDT has a different release cycle than Visual Studio. On SSDT blog there is no news on any SSDT activity for VS 2017 RC yet.

Even we could already install VS 2017, but for BI projects we will still have to use SSDT for VS 2015.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 06, 2017 8:58 AM
  • The SQL Data Tools components that come with Visual Studio 2017 are for relational database project support only, and therefore you do not see the BI project templates and designers installed.  We have published the Analysis Services and Reporting Services project packages into the Visual Studio 2017 marketplace.  You can find them either inside VS 2017 in the extensions gallery or at the links below.  Unfortunately, Integration Services projects for VS2017 are still a work in progress at this time along with the SSDT for Visual Studio 2017 standalone setup.

AS: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ProBITools.MicrosoftAnalysisServicesModelingProjects

RS: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ProBITools.MicrosoftReportProjectsforVisualStudio

I hope that helps!

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:29 AM
  • Hi friend,

Has your issue been resolved ? 

Please feel free to let us me if you need more help.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 9:29 AM