OOP and 3-tier - How in this case? RRS feed

• Question

• User1804227382 posted

I have a very simple requirement.

Write one ASP.Net page which displays the data as per the user search criteria.

So the screen will have customer last name, first name etc as search criteria.

The data will be pulled from Cutomer table. I am using C# and .Net 3.5

I want to implement this project(you can call it as task!) using 3-tier architecture and Object Oriented programming.

What Object oriented design I can make and how I can 3 tier application.

Thank you,

Smith

Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:58 PM

All replies

• Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:51 PM
  • User1804227382 posted

I am looking for ASP.Net MVC example

Thank you,

Andy

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:07 PM
  • User136534114 posted

I would suggest you start with the MVC tutorial on this site.  If you work through it slowly all of the n-tier architecture will become apparent.  Should take a few hours but end result is you will have a working template you can adopt to your sites in the future.

Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:15 AM
  • User369957501 posted

I am looking for ASP.Net MVC example

When you want to use MVC [which is itself a well defined architecture] why you want to fall into another architecture. Follow the open source source code for MVC for better and precise knowledge.

Hope this will help

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:28 AM
  • User-952121411 posted

I want to implement this project(you can call it as task!) using 3-tier architecture and Object Oriented programming.

You originally mentioned '3-tier' (or more properly, probably '3 logical layer') advice but then stated you wanted to do it using ASP.NET MVC. While this might not technically be incorrect (3 logical layers in MVC: Model-View-Controller), typically you refer to 3-layer application when referencing a traditional UI-BLL-DAL architecture. No biggie just some advice on the architecture lingo. Wink

In reference to an exact MVC implementation with your needs I am not aware of one specifically, but you could watch a few ASP.NET MVC videos and come up to speed quickly on the understanding of how to complete your project. In fact the 1st video on the link below is "Displaying a Table of Database Data". Have a look, and hope this helps!

ASP.NET MVC Videos:

http://www.asp.net/mvc/videos

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:09 PM