Restore old boot logos / use graphical bootloader

Question

• Hello there,
    I recently installed Windows Developer Preview (WDP) on my second partition, with the other one having Windows 7 on it. After installing WDP I couldn't boot Windows 7 anymore (didn't know I had to create a new partition for WDP in order to dual boot out of the box), however I could fix that very fast with EasyBCD, which I can highly recommend to anyone having the same problem.

My question: After adding the entry for Windows 7 in the bootloader I shortly got to see the new graphical bootloader. However after setting Windows 7 as my default OS, the graphical bootloader was gone - is that supposed to be this way? Can I restore it?

Unfortunately the Windows 7-boot animation is also gone now - can I restore that as well? But well, no harm done - both versions boot just fine.

Best regards
    Jens

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hey Jens,

The operating system that you dictate as the default operating system will control which interface you see when you start your computer.

While booted into Windows 7 you could try using the commands described in the link below by Uewd in their post from January 20, 2011 to get the Windows 7 boot animation back:
    Windows 7 Boot Screen Displays Vista Green Loading Bar

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hey Jens,

The operating system that you dictate as the default operating system will control which interface you see when you start your computer.

While booted into Windows 7 you could try using the commands described in the link below by Uewd in their post from January 20, 2011 to get the Windows 7 boot animation back:
    Windows 7 Boot Screen Displays Vista Green Loading Bar

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:24 AM
  • Hello,

Just do like me! Use another HDD to install preview or beta; do this hdd the first hdd in your bios and do your install; if u want to go back to your standard configuration, just change in your bios.

It's the best thing to do.

(excuse my bad english)

anael28

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:33 PM