none
Anybody know the correct PowerShell to trigger Windows 10 updates including 1903? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I wonder if anybody can help me figure out how to bring a Windows 10 Pro machine fully up to date using PowerShell?

I've read the various online forums and applied what they're telling me as best as I can tell but still can't get the machines to update.

So far I've go to the following, which looks like it's trying to install updates but stops at Silverlight (13Mb) then just doesn't go anywhere after that. Ideally I want machines to continue to pull down ALL available updates all the way to 1903 and beyond.

PS Command:

Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted

Install-PackageProvider NuGet -Force

Import-PackageProvider NuGet -Force

Set-PSRepository -Name PSGallery -InstallationPolicy Trusted

Install-Module PSWindowsUpdate

Get-Command –module PSWindowsUpdate

Add-WUServiceManager -ServiceID 7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d -Confirm:$false

Get-WUInstall –MicrosoftUpdate –AcceptAll –AutoReboot

Machines are all Azure AD joined and were running PS scripts via a support agent, or directly on the workstations themselves with admin rights during testing, neither works. If you see anything missing or anything I'm doing wrong please let me know? 

Please note, I'm not massively into PowerShell yet so could just be a noob error, still learning.

Thanks,

Scott

Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:52 AM