none
MS RDWR getting published application list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was wondering about how rdweb works . I was pointed to MSRDWR .

I looked at the doc and was wondering if there is any authentication needed for client to send SOAP messages and get responses from server . The document doesn't specify anything regarding authentication but rdweb requires authentication .

Let me know about the details .Thanks.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Ohai19

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention. As per our analysis, Information on authentication is outlined in section 3.1.1.1 of [MS-TSWP]
    : http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/E/95EF66AF-9026-4BB0-A41D-A4F81802D92C/[MS-TSWP].pdf.

We are working on adding following information in MS-RDWR document to address this issue:

Section 1.5:
    Prerequisties/PreConditions

•  Remote Desktop Workspace Runtime Protocol uses the authentication model based on [MS-TSWP], for example the re-use of the authentication cookie negotiated ([MS-TSWP] section 3.1.1.1) prior to this protocol starting.

Note: This is a preview document applicable only to Windows 8 and the content of this section may change in a future release.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi ohai19,

Thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:37 PM
  • Hi ohai19

Thanks for reaching out to the forum. I have taken the ownership of the issue and will get back as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks

Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:25 PM
  • Hi Ohai19

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention. As per our analysis, Information on authentication is outlined in section 3.1.1.1 of [MS-TSWP]
    : http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/E/95EF66AF-9026-4BB0-A41D-A4F81802D92C/[MS-TSWP].pdf.

We are working on adding following information in MS-RDWR document to address this issue:

Section 1.5:
    Prerequisties/PreConditions

•  Remote Desktop Workspace Runtime Protocol uses the authentication model based on [MS-TSWP], for example the re-use of the authentication cookie negotiated ([MS-TSWP] section 3.1.1.1) prior to this protocol starting.

Note: This is a preview document applicable only to Windows 8 and the content of this section may change in a future release.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:34 AM