none
Trying to create customizable touch input RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  What I'm trying to do, in essence, is restore the two-finger right-click to Windows 8 on the desktop.  That's it, basically.  On a broader scale, it might be nice to be able to customize ALL touch input, since W8 mandates a 5-point touchscreen on its touch devices and yet doesn't use any gestures that have more than two fingers.  There's a lot of lost utility there, IMO.

Anyway, I was originally thinking of trying to hook into the raw input in C# and run a small minimized-to-taskbar application to enable this, but a member over in the C# forum quickly noted that it wouldn't work.  Can anyone give me any guidance on how to do this, or even where to start?  Am I basically going to be rewriting a driver for the touchscreen, or can I intercept the base touch inputs in W8 and alter their behavior from an application?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:18 PM

All replies

• I don't think you can do this from an app. to control the device, you need to understand how the device works, since nearly all touch monitors and pads are proprietary, you can't easily write a driver for this.  you could try to intercept the cooked HID data in a driver, but you would have a lot of work to do to translate it.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:27 PM