problem with adding ghost tables after refresh RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I've gotten pretty comfortable with PowerPivot but there's a nagging issue: when refreshing the data in the model, PowerPivot adds several tables. They are all from the last table I imported. I can't seem to get rid of them. I delete them from the model after refreshing. But then the next time I refresh the model, those four "ghost" tables come back. The data are from SQL Server. What I'd like is a way to delete the source of this "bug" and remove that table. I have already deleted and re-added the offending table but it still didn't fix it. There's only one reference to this problem in other forums but no one responded to it. 

Thanks!
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Ga73,

According to your description, you are experiencing the issue when refreshing the data in the model, PowerPivot adds several tables, right?

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. Which version of PowerPivot and SQL Server are you using? In order to narrow down this issue, please apply the latest update and hotfixes based on your version. If the issue persists, please provide use more information, so that we can try to reproduce it and make further analysis.

Besides, you can submit a feedback at http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback then Microsoft will confirm if this is a known issue.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:27 AM