none
Touch drivers for HP TouchSmart TX2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded the touchsmart drivers for the TX2 from N-Trig using the HP customer login.  These weren't updated for the latest Windows 7 release (7100) and they definitely appear to have issues.  I can sometimes get touch working and sometimes not.  Has anybody gotten a HP TouchSmart TX2 to work correctly (I know there's no pen support currently and that's not what I'm talking about) with multi-touch?
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 6:50 AM

All replies

• I just installed Windows 7 RC on Wednesday or Thursday and installed the latest N-Trig drivers (2.59) from their website.  Touch, pen, and multi-touch work great.  The pen has some issues (cuts out in the middle of a stroke) which it didn't have previously.  I'm minory concerned that my screen is damaged because it seems to bug out in the same area (toward the middle) a lot, but I'll bet it's just the drivers.
    Monday, May 11, 2009 12:28 AM
  • I'm actually having issues with random ghost clicks with the N-Trig Drivers on my TX2 with win7 RC.
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 3:57 AM
  • Any luck here?  No new drivers yet...
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 9:31 PM
  • I'm surprised this thread went dead. I'm starting to have the same issues, I've switched back and forth between drivers so much, I can't remember what works with what, I now have the TX2 working well with touch, but with ghost clicks only when my mouse is on an external monitor, (and staying still, for the most part), the mouse takes priority of the touch though.  As well as a driver glitch that has Windows 7 7600 thinking somethings being turned on and off repeatedly.  Pretty interesting, I know I solved all my issues in 7100 with the new drivers, and I could roll back to Vista drivers, but I want the true multi-touch.  I suppose I'll keep hunting around, if anyone has a crisp overview of some of these problems, or thinks I could help I'll be monitoring this post.
    • Proposed as answer by madcturtle Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:57 PM
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 10:56 PM
  • whoops, didn't mean to propose that as an answer.  i went to 7 professional and i haven't had a problem with the multi-touch part but my pen doesn't work well at all and i need it to work cause i use it a lot for school.  i also can't get most of the mediasmart software to work, any ideas on that?
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:59 PM
  • Heh, 
      Just found this again while Googling, pretty amused it was where I've been before.  I kind of dropped the ball on my tablet for about 5 months, I now looking at my situation have the same issues as madcturtle, and if I fiddle with external displays and weird power-toys for using touch as mouse on the external display I can get ghost clicks, I've gone through some more driver updates, but still I wan't my pen...  anyone who lands here and has a link to some solutions or conversations it would be great if you posted it.  for now I'mm get back to course work and hope I can use my tablet in classes when IO have more time to Google.

Thanks all,
    Adam
    Friday, February 5, 2010 3:12 AM
  • Hi.

I have the same issue. Cant write any lines get only dots or so...
    i found an Forum http://www.gottabemobile.com/forum/hp/7702-n-trig-issue-hp-tx2.html
    You need to replace the Pen it self....
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:35 AM
  • Adam,

I agree completely about the health of this thread. Here it is July and after a pretty thorough (and daily search) of the internet I have not been able to come up with a cure all for my problems.

About 4 months ago I upgraded my TX2 to Windows 7. Since then I have been having the same issue as you describe above in both your posts. Were you able to resolve any of these issues? I have been searching for solutions ever since the upgrade, but nothing seems to help.

After talking to my colleague, he said that the problem may be caused by initially installing the audio drivers before the video drivers (or vice versa; I do not remember exactly). I know it may sound crazy to some, but he explained some theory about data transfers between the two that is causing the error. Unfortunately, he said the only real solution is starting over with a fresh install of windows 7 and installing the drivers in the correct order.

Just wondering if anyone came up with other solutions or support/refute my colleague's theories.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Monday, August 2, 2010 2:39 AM
  • I just wanted to follow up on this thread. I came up with a solution that has seemed to correct 80% of my ghost clicking and made my touch/multi touch work correctly.

1) Flash BIOS to most up-to-date version.

2) Uninstall Multitouch drivers.

3) Reinstall Multitouch drivers (most current).

It appears that the drivers still need some work as I am still having some ghost clicking. My impression based on numerous comments on other forums that HP's stance is that it is a hardware related issue and not a driver related issue.

I know that this thread is dead, but please mark it as answered or follow-up on this as I think this could help people searching for solutions to similar problems.

Thanks,

Matt

Friday, September 3, 2010 5:45 PM