none
Is there a problem with Subscriber Downloads? RRS feed

• Question

• Have not been able to download anything for several hours this morning. I get a message about a service exception or something. I called the 800 # with the incident code provided by they couldn't help and to call back for MSDN support during normal business hours.

Have tried IE, Chrome, different network, nothing is working. Tried the download button and the "direct download" link, still nothing.

Desperately need something for some final testing for a product release tomorrow AM. 

Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:22 PM

Answers

• We're investigating reports of outages yesterday everyone.   Sorry about the inconvenience!

Update:  My understanding is that the investigation is complete and the issue is no longer occuring.  Please let me know if you're still seeing consistent  errors while attempting to download files.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, January 21, 2013 3:39 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem

An unknown service exception occurred. Please try again or contact customer support with the following reference id. 

Reference Id: 
    A21A9A28

This is NOT GOOD!!! I need something desperately from Subscriber Downloads!!

Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:49 PM
  • 
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:37 PM
  • I am having the same problem when attempting to download any of the Windows 7 ISOs. HELP!

Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:15 PM
  • Meh. Never mind. I already got fired, lost my home, my wife left and took the dog, and I'm living in a van down by the river. Had to borrow some homeless guy's iPhone to post this update. Now I owe him a bottle of Thunderbird that I can't afford.

Where can I apply for one of these Monday thru Friday nine to five jobs where you can roll out broken code on Friday afternoon, go home and have a nice weekend off without having to answer the phone, and not get fired on Monday morning when it's discovered that your broken code  destroyed a few small economies around  the  the world?

• Edited by rn701 Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:50 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Kev-ster Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:57 PM
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:48 PM
  • We're investigating reports of outages yesterday everyone.   Sorry about the inconvenience!

Update:  My understanding is that the investigation is complete and the issue is no longer occuring.  Please let me know if you're still seeing consistent  errors while attempting to download files.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, January 21, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Have not been able to download anything for several hours this morning. I get a message about a service exception or something. I called the 800 # with the incident code provided by they couldn't help and to call back for MSDN support during normal business hours.

Have tried IE, Chrome, different network, nothing is working. Tried the download button and the "direct download" link, still nothing.

Desperately need something for some final testing for a product release tomorrow AM. 

i have the same problem.i can not download software from poor MSDN site.with IE the download process always fails.many weird thing happen.the download speed decrement almost constantly,interuption in the begining make IE fail do the job.the funny is, with my download speed only 30 kbps - 45 -kbps to download 7 GB iso file only need 2 minutes,IE always fail then i am loosing my benefit become MPN member.it really,really,really poor MSDN site......

yuditech

Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:12 PM