Number of downloads not correct RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I logged in to Windows Dev Center and saw that one of my applications had over 13k acquisitions overall, pretty happy about this. I was curious and logged in this morning, now it states (only) 11.122 acquisitions overall. What happend? It is not clear what is going on. 

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:12 AM

All replies

• Yesterday I logged in to Windows Dev Center and saw that one of my applications had over 13k acquisitions overall, pretty happy about this. I was curious and logged in this morning, now it states (only) 11.122 acquisitions overall. What happend? It is not clear what is going on. 

Do others encounter this problem also?

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:17 AM
  • Yes my acquisition has suddenly dropped significantly.  Hope MSFT will fix soon.
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 4:00 PM
  • Is this the case with all your applications? Unclear why this occurred, what could go wrong with counting the number of downloads of an application.
    Friday, August 12, 2016 6:38 AM
  • Now I see that the application has 12,544 acquisitions/downloads, so in only 2 days is increased by 12,544 - 11,122 = 1422 however this is not visible in the graph and over 700 downloads a day is not realistic regarding to the history of this application.

It looks like that the number of acquisitions/downloads is unfortunately far from reliable. Since it changes without making clear why/how since it is not visible in the graphs what so ever.

Friday, August 12, 2016 8:35 AM