none
Restrict data in Excel Cell RRS feed

Answers

• Thanks but in the end I worked out that by inserting a custom validation"=AND(A7<>0,A7<>"",ISNUMBER(E5))" I was able to achieve checking 2 cells at the same time.
    • Marked as answer by grimwadec Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:50 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:50 AM

All replies

• This can be achieved with an app for Office but be aware that the user can just close the task pane app or delete the content app to stop your validation from running, take a look at this article to see if it is a better fit for what you are trying to do. Please let us know if you want to drill into how to do this with an app.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211485

Cheers...pc

Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:55 AM
  • Thanks but in the end I worked out that by inserting a custom validation"=AND(A7<>0,A7<>"",ISNUMBER(E5))" I was able to achieve checking 2 cells at the same time.
    • Marked as answer by grimwadec Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:50 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

We have a simular need to enforce Data Validation in our Excel 2013 Task Pane app.

Will this method of data validation work for Excel Apps that are renderd in the browser on Office 365 Sharepoint 2013?

If not, what other options do we have?

Is there some method using Java Script?

Thanks

~ Bruce

Friday, September 28, 2012 10:57 PM
  • Hi,

I have the similar question, I have an excel template and for some of the columns I would like to provide restricted List of entries, how could we provide the list from java script at runtime?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:36 PM