Black Screen on windows Startup after installing VisualStudio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've installed Visual Studio 2015 from this package yesterday (Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 with Update 1 (x86 and x64) - Web Installer (English)) and everything went well. After the installation, it ask me to reboot my computer and then, the only thing I can see now is a black screen after the first stage of initialization of windows.

I've been able to get access to the recovery screen option and I tried to start windows in safe mode and reloading the previous check point and I'm still getting this black screen.

My computer is running Windows 10 (Upgraded version from Windows 7) and it's powered by an Intel I5 first generation processor.

Is anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Thursday, December 3, 2015 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi PascalStD,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>I've been able to get access to the recovery screen option and I tried to start windows in safe mode and reloading the previous check point and I'm still getting this black screen.

For the action you've done to the issue, it seems that the problem may be related to the drive on your machine, if you didn't install VS update 1 but other software, it may also trigger this problem. the real cause is possibly about your window.

You may go to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows this community to post and ask for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, December 8, 2015 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, December 15, 2015 7:30 AM
    Friday, December 4, 2015 5:49 AM