Do i need more than one set of records? RRS feed

• Question

• User1034446946 posted

Hi

Let say I have an ecommerce site, and as part of that I need CRUD operation, a quality search faciltiy, and a way to review how the site works, what customers are doing etc.

So do i need different sets of records for all of these?

I started of thinking to only have 1 set and use the crud entities for everything, but the more i look into search facilities the more I realise that there is no way I can use by crud entities for a quality so I have decided to seperate them, now I started on building a fairly minor function however it would be important to monitor what was being added. So should I also have another set of entities for all the analysis data?

Or are my crud entities badly design that i should have thought about this before? I don't think this is the case because of how I want to retain my crud entities regardless of activity but want my search entities to be slick for optimisation.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 3:54 PM

Answers

• User1724605321 posted

Hi EnenDaveyBoy ,

i guess the real answer is, its always going to be down to my requirements, but keep it as clean as you can.

Yes . You are right .

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:43 AM

All replies

• User1724605321 posted

Hi EnenDaveyBoy ,

Model size(Referring to the number of entities and the amount of associations between these entities),Model complexity(Specifically inheritance involving a large number of types) ,Using Independent Associations or Foreign Key Associations usually affect the performance like view Generation or CRUD operations. 

Balance the convenience and performance always need a lot of effort . General speaking ,  we should avoid to put all the DB objects into one single entity model , try to make separate entity models of related database objects. Also avoid fetching all the fields if not required , retrieve only required number of records if possible ,disable change tracking for entity if not needed ,use Compiled Query .......

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 7:49 AM
  • User1034446946 posted

Thanks for the reply and I understand those point, i guess the real answer is, its always going to be down to my requirements, but keep it as clean as you can.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 1:04 PM
  • User1724605321 posted

Hi EnenDaveyBoy ,

i guess the real answer is, its always going to be down to my requirements, but keep it as clean as you can.

Yes . You are right .

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:43 AM