Metro UI Weather App not working now

Question

• Just few Hours back weather app is working fine but now whenever is start weather app it keep on saying that "We are enable to get weather info. Please check your network connection." Although i am connected to to internet it keep on showing this, I tried to restart app after closing it from task manger and also tried restarting the pc but it keep on showing this
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:43 PM

Answers

• akashkodesia,

I am sorry to hear about your issue, have you tried a refresh of your machine to reinstall the app?

To do a refresh of your machine then please do the following:

1. Click Start > Control Panel

2. Select the General section on the left

3. Click the “Get started” button under “Refresh your PC without affecting your files”.

4. Click the Next button at the “Refresh your PC” step of the wizard.

· This first step of the wizard is shown in a green strip that covers the middle portion of the screen.

· The description text at this step shows the following:

Here’s what will happen:

· Your files and personalization settings won’t change.

· Your PC settings will be restored to their defaults.

· Apps from Windows Store will be kept. All other apps will be removed.

5. Insert the USB key or DVD with the Windows installation files if prompted.

· This description text at this step shows the following:

Insert your Windows installation or recovery media

· Some files are missing. The media will provide these files.

· As soon as you insert the media, the wizard automatically moves to the next step.

6. Click the Refresh button at the “Ready to refresh your PC” step.

Your PC will restart. This will take a few minutes.

At this point, the PC will restart and the Push Button Reset process will take over. Once completed, your PC will reboot and the user will be left at the Lock Screen where they can log back in with their existing user account.

“When you reset your PC your personal files and apps will be removed and your PC settings will be restored to their defaults.”

Please post back with the results

Thanks,

Chris
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:02 PM

All replies

• akashkodesia,

I am sorry to hear about your issue, have you tried a refresh of your machine to reinstall the app?

To do a refresh of your machine then please do the following:

1. Click Start > Control Panel

2. Select the General section on the left

3. Click the “Get started” button under “Refresh your PC without affecting your files”.

4. Click the Next button at the “Refresh your PC” step of the wizard.

· This first step of the wizard is shown in a green strip that covers the middle portion of the screen.

· The description text at this step shows the following:

Here’s what will happen:

· Your files and personalization settings won’t change.

· Your PC settings will be restored to their defaults.

· Apps from Windows Store will be kept. All other apps will be removed.

5. Insert the USB key or DVD with the Windows installation files if prompted.

Insert your Windows installation or recovery media

· Some files are missing. The media will provide these files.

· As soon as you insert the media, the wizard automatically moves to the next step.

6. Click the Refresh button at the “Ready to refresh your PC” step.

Your PC will restart. This will take a few minutes.

At this point, the PC will restart and the Push Button Reset process will take over. Once completed, your PC will reboot and the user will be left at the Lock Screen where they can log back in with their existing user account.

“When you reset your PC your personal files and apps will be removed and your PC settings will be restored to their defaults.”

Please post back with the results

Thanks,

Chris
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:02 PM
  • people i got the solution , first thing the problem that make the weather not working is the Graphic card drive .... so what to do to fix it follow me and u will find out how it will come back working normally

1- press start choose control panel 

2- from more setting choose system

3- device manager it will open new page there have all driver in ur computer

4- looking for display adapters - left click on it u will find the graphic driver there

5- right click in ur graphice driver and choose update driver software

6- choose search automatically for updated driver software

7- after done it will ask you to restart ur laptop then accept and when ur laptop come on again check ur wether apps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for follow me and thanks for all engineering here i just found out how to fic it and i should tell others coz i got ba time to rest and refrish my laptop without any thing change and its a wish for the time

for any question don't wait to ask me

(Ahmed )

Ahmed1981
    Friday, December 30, 2011 5:38 PM