Font in comment field in data driven reports subscriptions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am setting up a data driven subscription for the reports that are delivered by email. The email content or comment field in the subscription setup requires a use of couple different fonts. I am working with SSRS 2012. Is there any way I can accomplish this and have font defined within comment field.

Thanks

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:12 PM

Answers

• Hi BIDev2104,

You want to type the font setting in sql query, and want to "get data from query" in data driven subscription, right? If so, you could create query in SSMS like below

'<font face="Wingdings 2"   SIZE="4" color="pink">DDDDDDD</font>'

Then you will get the result like below

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 6:53 AM

All replies

• This may help you.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/a90101f7-5bb1-4abb-b18f-9079db717a15/cant-format-email-body-in-ssrs-subscriptions?forum=sqlreportingservices

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:22 PM
  • Thank you for your reply Zoe. I wander if font tag can be wrapped in select statement.
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 11:37 AM
  • Thank you for your reply Zoe. I wander if font tag can be wrapped in select statement.

You can 

For that you need to create a parameter in your report to set Font family property

For report items, set an expression for Font family property based on this new parameter you added

Then in the data driven subscription configuration, you can set the parameter value to be based on your select statement column name

Please not that this will change font of the ssrs report items and not actual mail content itself.

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 11:45 AM
  • Hi BIDev2104,

You want to type the font setting in sql query, and want to "get data from query" in data driven subscription, right? If so, you could create query in SSMS like below

'<font face="Wingdings 2"   SIZE="4" color="pink">DDDDDDD</font>'

Then you will get the result like below

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 6:53 AM