none
Touch Calibration Loop RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

if touch calibration finishes with the error analysis and has detected a calibration error, it will restart again till it finishes the calibration without error.

Is there a way that it will not start over and over again?

Thanks

Chris

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:15 AM

All replies

• Chris

That begs the question "Why?"   I say that because if we understand the underlying problem better, then maybe we can provide the right alternative for your use case.

Some possibilities:

1. With a keyboard, the ESC key stops the calibration.
    2. The OEM doesn't have to start the calibration - Windows CE doesn't do that, the OEM does.
    3. Calibrui can be modified by the OEM.

Bruce Eitman
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Synopsys DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
    I work for Synopsys

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:33 PM
  • The reason is: If the touch is defect, the user will not be able to abort the calibration loop.

1. The touch device has no keyboard, so this option will not work. I already tried to send the ESC key via software after the error analysis resulted in a failure. But it seems it can only be aborted with ESC when the calibration process has not finished.

2. The Calibration should be started by the user we created a Software for that.

3. Correct me if iam worng, but the calibrui is only be used to display the text and crosses on the screen. The GWES will paint the calibrui new every time the calibration will fail. With a modified calibrui i cant achive that the GWES will not paint the calibrui again.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:45 PM
    1. I see that you say that the device has no keyboard.  Does the message display telling the user that they can kit ESC?  Note, I just tested on WEC7, and ESC works throughout calibration and after the calibration finishes.
    2. So, how do they start it?  Which has a companion question, how would you want to stop it?
    3. You are wrong, but only a little.   I think that there is just enough code in Calibrui that a creative engineer could do something creative to stop the calibration - but you will need to experiment and have answers the questions in #2 so that you can implement a solution.

Bruce Eitman
    Senior Engineer
    I work for Synopsys

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 4:03 PM
  • 1. There is no message which tells the user to hit ESC.

2. They can start it in the control panel. Every time a calibration has finished (good or bad) the process should be finished. If the calibration has finished and all values are accepted the defaul calibrui text with 30 seconds to accept should be displayed. If values are not accepted another text should be displayed telling the user that calibration was not succesful.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:50 AM
  • so i guess adapting calibrui to track the calibration procedure and if it finishes without successful calibration, calibrui has to send an TouchCalibrateUI_Done to abort is the best way?

• Edited by chris11.11 Wednesday, March 14, 2018 7:20 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 7:15 AM
  • 1. There is no message which tells the user to hit ESC.

2. They can start it in the control panel. Every time a calibration has finished (good or bad) the process should be finished. If the calibration has finished and all values are accepted the defaul calibrui text with 30 seconds to accept should be displayed. If values are not accepted another text should be displayed telling the user that calibration was not successful.

1. If there is no message, then Calibrui has determined that there is no keyboard.  No keyboard, no support for pressing a key on the not a keyboard.  So of course your test of sending an ESC key press didn't work.
    2. If the touch isn't working, and there is no keyboard, how do they get to the Control Panel?

Bruce Eitman
    Senior Engineer
    I work for Synopsys

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 12:22 PM
  • so i guess adapting calibrui to track the calibration procedure and if it finishes without successful calibration, calibrui has to send an TouchCalibrateUI_Done to abort is the best way?

I don't know because I don't know anything about your device.

Bruce Eitman
    Senior Engineer
    I work for Synopsys

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 12:23 PM