none
How to tilt kinect camera RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Eddy,

Apologies for not replying earlier but was just busy doing image analysis in Matlab. 

I need another piece of advice please - I need to program to adjust camera tilt as well - any directions to the correct procedure are appreciated.

Thanks,

AA

Anu Aggarwal
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:10 PM

Answers

• Anu,

I split this question from previous thread to make it easier to find by others looking for help.

To change camera angle in C# you can do:

Runtime runtime = new Runtime();
    runtime.Initialize(RuntimeOptions.UseColor);
    runtime.NuiCamera.ElevationAngle = 15;

RuntimeOptions.UseColor is just an example. Here you can use whatever RuntimeOptions you were already setting.

In C++, equivalent code (with error handling omitted for brevity) would be:

NuiInitialize(NUI_INITIALIZE_FLAG_USES_COLOR);
    NuiCameraElevationSetAngle(15);

ElevationAngle is in degrees can be set to any integer between -27 and 27. Also read the warnings related to camera tilt in page 10 of programming guide: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/kinectsdk/docs/ProgrammingGuide_KinectSDK.pdf

Hope this helps.
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, August 5, 2011 1:42 AM

All replies

• Anu,

I split this question from previous thread to make it easier to find by others looking for help.

To change camera angle in C# you can do:

Runtime runtime = new Runtime();
    runtime.Initialize(RuntimeOptions.UseColor);
    runtime.NuiCamera.ElevationAngle = 15;

RuntimeOptions.UseColor is just an example. Here you can use whatever RuntimeOptions you were already setting.

In C++, equivalent code (with error handling omitted for brevity) would be:

NuiInitialize(NUI_INITIALIZE_FLAG_USES_COLOR);
    NuiCameraElevationSetAngle(15);

ElevationAngle is in degrees can be set to any integer between -27 and 27. Also read the warnings related to camera tilt in page 10 of programming guide: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/kinectsdk/docs/ProgrammingGuide_KinectSDK.pdf

Hope this helps.
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, August 5, 2011 1:42 AM
  • Thanks a ton! I got it though inside try catch blocks because otherwise there was an exception being raised.

Thanks,
    Anu 

Anu Aggarwal
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:16 AM
  • Is there a simple program that I can use to control the tilt of my kinect? I don't know anything about programming and such. I found a program for OSX called cocoakinect that does exactly what I want, without having to code anything.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:51 AM