Expose a container in a directory list style view - Azure Blob Storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I created a storage account, and have placed a file in it. I selected the Container permissions option, expecting to be able to navigate directly to the URL  via a web browser and view a file list. I can't (I get a 404), but if I select the URL with the actual file in it, I get to that.

Is there any way to expose the container as a directory listing style within a web browser?

Let me know if I have missed something

Cheers!

Max

Sunday, November 27, 2016 11:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, there is no way to use web browser to expose the container as a directory listing style direct, but we can use Azure storage Explorer to list the container.

If you want to share your files, maybe we can use Azure File Service, we can mount the Azure File Service on other VMs. More information about Azure File service, please refer to the link.

If you still have questions, welcome to post back here. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 28, 2016 2:14 AM
  • Hi Max,

It seems that you’d like to list blobs under the specified container within the browser, if that is the case, you could set Access type to Container, and then you could request to the URI like this.

https://myaccount.blob.core.windows.net/mycontainer?restype=container&comp=list

and you could refer to this similar thread posted in SO. Besides, you could also refer to this article to list the blobs in a container by calling CloudBlobContainer.ListBlobs method.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:30 AM