Builds queuing since maintenance window last week RRS feed

• Question

• Since last week my builds have just been queuing - no matter what I do they won't run.  In the blog post by Brian Harry on 4/30 I saw that others are having this problem as well.  My service url is hqcatalyst.tfspreview.com .  I am using the hosted build service and have tried running it with the default template.  Prior to the upgrade it was working fine.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:04 PM

Answers

• We are not very sure what action would have caused it but it looks like the collection stored the state of the build as running so it was not allowing to queue any new build. After resetting the state resolved the issue. Dev confirm that we will be fixing it in our product so it doesn't get to this state again.

Regards,

Anjana

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:17 PM

All replies

• We are looking into this and I will keep you updated
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:53 PM
  • DEV are inverstigating on this. I will update once we have the fix
    Friday, May 4, 2012 5:29 PM
  • Hey Bryan,

Will it be possible for you to give access to your TFS to one of the Dev lead (justinpinnix@live.com) ? This will help us troubleshoot your build issue.

Regards,

Anjana

Monday, May 7, 2012 2:13 PM
  • I have given Justin access
    Monday, May 7, 2012 3:14 PM
  • Any news or update?
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 7:55 PM
  • Justin is able to access your TFS but today we had some other issue with tfspreview which delayed this troubleshooting.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:17 PM
  • We are still working on it and haven't got to the root cause yet.
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:28 PM
  • Bummer - we have tried to not setup our own build controller, but if delayed much longer we might have to - with not root cause I suppose their is no Estimated Uptime?  is there a workaround or reset that could be employed to get our hosted controller up and working?
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:13 PM
  • Hi Bryan,

I understand this is taking long time and we are actively working to resolve it. We have turned on tracing and looked through logs which didn't give any clue. We are trying to get some more verbose log to dig into futher. We are going to devote majority of time today and I will post the detail once we found the root cause. If you can wait until EOD or tomorrow that will be great.

Regards,

Anjana

Friday, May 11, 2012 4:16 PM
  • Bryan,

Can you test now? It looks like build are moving forward now.

I apologize on behalf of the our team for taking longer time to resolve this. Appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Anjana

Friday, May 11, 2012 7:22 PM
  • Thanks - it is great to have it working!  Any insight on what we could do on our side to avoid having this happen again?
    Friday, May 11, 2012 7:54 PM
  • We are not very sure what action would have caused it but it looks like the collection stored the state of the build as running so it was not allowing to queue any new build. After resetting the state resolved the issue. Dev confirm that we will be fixing it in our product so it doesn't get to this state again.

Regards,

Anjana

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:17 PM