401 - Unauthorized RRS feed

• Question

• I set up my Visual Studio Online profile a month or so back using my @Microsoft.com address. Today I receive an email to my @Microsoft.com address from VSO telling me I've been upgraded, so I click the link to check it out, and suddenly, I am an unauthorized user. Has anyone else seen this issue?
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:42 PM

Answers

• Hi crmtesters,

If @Microsoft was a team member of the VSO account, please try the methods I mentioned above.

To make sure the permission of one credential, we can run tfssecurity command in VS command line to have a check. Please execute tfssecurity /imx collection:url, for more information about tfssecurity /imx, please refer to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms400806.aspx

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:55 PM

All replies

• Also, I just noticed that the account URL I set up, is not actually associated to my @Microsoft.com account, which could be the issue, how do I fix this? I can't seem to add the URL to my account on the VSO site
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:45 PM
  • Hi crmtesters,

My understanding is that your @Microsoft.com account cannot access the VSO account, and you want to associate it to the VSO account. Is it right? Please clarify if I'm wrong. If you want to change the owner of VSO account to @Microsoft.com account, you can sign in the VSO account with its owner account and navigate to Settings page to change Account owner(@Microsoft account should in "Project Collection Administrator" group first). If you only want to add @Microsoft account into the VSO account as a team member, you can add it in Security page of team web access. Please give out more details about your scenario if I have wrong understanding.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:27 AM
  • Yes, I am trying to access my VSO account with my @Microsoft.com address. at this time, I am unable to log in to my VSO account through online or through Visual studio, as it does not recognize me as a user. I am not sure how my @Microsoft.com address suddenly became disassociated to my visual studio online account.
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:28 PM
  • Hi crmtesters,

If @Microsoft was a team member of the VSO account, please try the methods I mentioned above.

To make sure the permission of one credential, we can run tfssecurity command in VS command line to have a check. Please execute tfssecurity /imx collection:url, for more information about tfssecurity /imx, please refer to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms400806.aspx

Best regards,

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:55 PM