none
Office2016 executes the macro command, AddLines, to report compilation errors in the hidden module :NewMacros. RRS feed

• Question

• Office2016 executes the macro command, AddLines, to report compilation errors in the hidden module :NewMacros.
    Monday, April 16, 2018 8:29 AM

All replies

• Which application are you talking about? Word, Excel, or other?

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com/

Monday, April 16, 2018 5:06 PM
  • Word 64 2016
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:33 AM
  • Hi 油炸的兔子,

In advance, I don't use Word 64-bit (with any versions), so, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Word 64-bit (Office 64-bit) has some limitations comparing with 32-bit.
    I suspect the issue is caused from the limitations of Word 64-bit.
    Please refer to this article:
    Choose between the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Office
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Choose-between-the-64-bit-or-32-bit-version-of-Office-2dee7807-8f95-4d0c-b5fe-6c6f49b8d261

Regards,

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:46 AM
  • Why don't you use 64-bit?
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:34 AM
  • Hi,

Did you read the article I provided?

Why I don't use 64-bit? It's because 64-bit has some limitations, and some VBA code I've written won't work with 64-bit. I've made many Excel VBA, i.e. I have many .xlsm files and want them to work as I expect.
    I have several physical machines running with 64-bit (Windows 7, 8.1 and 10), and many virtual machined with 64-bit and 32-bit (Windows 95, 98SE, 2000, ... 10). My VBA code works fine in them (except in W95, 98SE and 2000). 

Why do you use 64-bit, instead of 32-bit?

Regards,

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:47 AM
  • Okay, thank you!

That's asking a question.There is a TXT document on the outside, which records the coordinates of the lines drawn on the screen. There is no way for word to restore the line bar by reading the coordinate points in the TXT document.

Regards.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 3:16 AM
  • Hi 油炸的兔子,

You had mentioned that,"Office2016 executes the macro command, AddLines, to report compilation errors in the hidden module :NewMacros."

Can you provide a code with detailed steps, I will try to reproduce the issue on my side.

In your last post you had mentioned that,"There is a TXT document on the outside, which records the coordinates of the lines drawn on the screen. There is no way for word to restore the line bar by reading the coordinate points in the TXT document."

How did you record the co ordinates?

We can try to use VBA code to read the data from txt file. Then you can restore the line in word document.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:33 AM
  • Open any document in word 64 and press the shortcut key Alt +f8.Select the noes.dot (common template), and then click "AddLines" to report the error.

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:45 AM
  • @油炸的兔子,
    S
    orry, I cannot follow your short and continuous posts.
    Please mark your post and close this thread, if you don't mind.

Regards,

• Edited by Ashidacchi Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:55 AM
  • I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention to that.How to mark?
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:37 AM
  • Office2016 executes the macro command, AddLines, to report compilation errors in the hidden module :NewMacros.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:43 AM
  • Hi 油炸的兔子,

You had mentioned that,"Open any document in word 64 and press the shortcut key Alt +f8.Select the noes.dot (common template), and then click "AddLines" to report the error."

I made test with Word 2016 64 bit.

Then I Select Normal.dotm.

Do you mean I need to add shape line?

I added it but did not get any error.

I also try to add horizontal line and did not get any error.

Try to correct me, If I am misunderstanding anything in your steps.

I will again try to make a test to reproduce the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:17 AM
  • hi!

You choose the wrong.

Please select the  "Notes.dot(golbal  template)","AddLines".

Thank you!

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:06 AM
  • Hi 油炸的兔子,

You had mentioned that I need to choose Notes.dot.

I check but I did not get Notes.dot in the list.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:24 AM
  • Are you sure you're in 64?The Chinese version is different from the English version.

I can't give you the screenshot now.

Our word has this template.

This template is guaranteed to be incorrect.

Does vc++ have any method to save a large number of coordinate points into the TXT document, and then give word to word, and word to restore the line segment according to the coordinate point in the TXT document.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Hi 油炸的兔子,

You had asked,"Are you sure you're in 64?"

Yes, I made test with 64 bit version. As you can verify it from the image I posted in my previous reply.

If you have that template then you can try to share that template here.

I will try to place it in templates folder and try to reproduce the issue with English version of Word application, As I am not available with Chinese version.

Other thing, you had asked about any method in VC++.

There is a separate MSDN VC++ Forum. You can ask this question there. As on this forum we only provide support for Office VBA Object model related issues.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, April 19, 2018 1:26 AM
  • Ok, I'll give it a try.

Thank you!

Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:19 AM