NEED HELP PLEASE! RRS feed

• Question

• User-403999381 posted
    hi i am very new to VWD and SQL2005 , i have install both full version . now my problem is that when ever i create new project from template like Club Site Starter Kit or Personal Web Site  i always get this error msg :

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

can anyone guide me step by step to solve this problem.

thank you.
    Monday, April 16, 2007 5:55 AM

All replies

• User1001789087 posted

What that error message says is that your ConnectionString which connects your website to SQL Server 2005 is incorrect.

Can you post your connection string here (remove Usernames / passwords) and also post the name of your SQLServer 2005 instance? 

Monday, April 16, 2007 11:50 AM
  • User-403999381 posted
    thanks. its working fine now. all i did was that i uninstall the Sql adv version and install the espress version.
    now it's working fine.

but i got one funny problem that is that my http://localhost only works if i am off line . if i am online then my localhost will not appear. it will just hang.

don't know why. any tips?

thank you.

azroy
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:46 AM
  • User593215468 posted

Maybe when you get online another server uses your localhost other than IIS such as Apache. Also check if any firewalls are set up that blocks it out. To check if IIS is enabled you can go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services, than see if it is turned on while you are on the internet.

~Eric

Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:21 AM