none
Internet Explorer 11 stops javascript and when press F12 Developer tool all start working(Problem with refresh after history.back();) RRS feed

• Question

• Our website is not working at all with internet explorer 11. When we click button back is suppose to execute refresh javascript, but nothing happens, if we press F12 and activate developer tool, everything is working perfectly. Any Idea?
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is your question related to Project Server issue?

Just a hint: some applications use ASP.NET framework 2.5 or 3, that is not recognized by IE11. Thus IE11 deactivate javascript, silverlight on those sites. In order to solve this issue, you can go to developer tools (F12) and change in the emulation section the default browser.

Anyway, if your issue is not related to Project Server, please post it to the appropriate forum.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:25 PM
  • It is a project server App developed under JavaScript. Whenever I press F12 it works normally, but not as a default. Can you help me?
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:10 PM
  • Which PS version du you have?

As I mentionned, some PS2010 features (such as project center or timesheet grid) are based on a .NET framework not supported by IE11 that deactivates javascript or silverlight (and maybe more). 

Try the following:

If it's not working, I'll let developers answer, but note that IE11 is not a valid browser for PS2010.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:14 PM
  • I need to know if possible to include any special JavaScript code, I tried to force mode compatibility, but it did not work, so the fact is that i must make this working on ie11, so most of our customers still use the app with internet explorer and I am losing money, imagine that I client got windows 8.1 with ie11 and the app stops in the middle of operation like is taking place, what would my client does? we are using pure JavaScript for programming . 
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:19 PM
  • I understand your concern..

Have you tried to install the KB I mentionned in my previous post?

Then if it doesn't work, I'll let developers answer..

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:25 PM
  • It is not available for windows 8.1, unfortunately all pc at company have been  upgraded automatically, so we are running windows 8.1
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:59 PM