SystemParametersInfo question?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to look high and low on this issue. I know that we can use DeviceInfo to get the UUID, however, I was also trying to get the UUID using SystemParametersInfo.. I get 1439 Win39Error. I dont know what is wrong with it as the documentation in MSDN on this is only one line.

Can anyone point out what is wrong with this line? Thanks.

byte[] UUID = new byte[16];
    const uint SPI_GETUUID = 263;

SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETUUID, 0, ref UUID, 0);

Cheers,
    Desmond
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:24 AM

Answers

• The error 1439 is ERROR_INVALID_SPI_VALUE, meaning SPI_GETUUID is not supported by the platform you are using. Some SPI values were added in WM5 (note that the document states that it is only supported by WM5 or later). I found that SPI_GETUUID is not defined until the WM6 SDK.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:02 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 5:46 AM

All replies

• The error 1439 is ERROR_INVALID_SPI_VALUE, meaning SPI_GETUUID is not supported by the platform you are using. Some SPI values were added in WM5 (note that the document states that it is only supported by WM5 or later). I found that SPI_GETUUID is not defined until the WM6 SDK.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:02 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 5:46 AM
  • Thanks.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:45 AM