none
Report Viewer Visual c++ express RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys.

I have downloaded the sql express with advanced services. I have the bids. I am able to add a report viewer now in the visual c++ 2008 but when  i try to click to a "design a new report" i got an error message.

I am running c++ express in administrator mode(right click run as admin). Any help? If i run the SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio i am able to do a report but this doesn't help me so much because i can't generate the report at runtime.
    • Edited by Warkec Monday, July 23, 2012 1:38 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Warkec,

The designer for Report Viewer is only for C# and VB project types. It is not designed to work with C++. You can still use the control and bind reports programmatically, but the designer is not intended for C++.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

Monday, July 23, 2012 4:25 PM
  • i tried it in visual c# 2008 exoress too but i couldn't design the report. nothing opens if i click on design a new report

Monday, July 23, 2012 4:49 PM
  • I have not tried the various express sku's, but reading the announcement page, it looks like the viewer was only released for the Web Express edition. Please give that a try.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

Monday, July 23, 2012 5:02 PM