Azure Database suddenly stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an Azure SQL Server running for few months.  Suddenly I cannot connect to it any more.  

My PHP app gives the following error: DOException Object ( [message:protected] => SQLSTATE[HY000]: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Database <my-db-name> on server <server-name> is not currently available. Please retry the connection later. If the problem persists, contact customer support, and provide them the session tracing ID of '{8FB8B1B5-E511-470D-B83A-19E0944FCBA1}'. [string:Exception:private] => [code:protected] => HY000 [file:protected] ......

I went to the Portal to check things out, and it said "Could not retrieve database information for <my-db-name>".  

When I try to connect to it via Visual Studio, it gives the following error:

TITLE: Error
    ------------------------------
    A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53)
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=53&LinkId=20476
    ------------------------------ 

Please HELP!!

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:08 AM

All replies

• Ankit- it looks as if the status of the SQL Database system worldwide is good, so you may be having an instance related problem. (You can check the status of the service in your region at: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/ )

Can you verify that you are still seeing the issue? If so, please email me at Daniel dot Rediske @ Microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:34 PM
  • Connect to Azure portal and see whats the status for the SQL Server? Check if it exits or whats the current status for the server. 

Mark as ANSWER if I helped you today :-) www.sql-articles.com

Thursday, November 10, 2016 4:18 PM