none
Remote desktop connection over internet in .net RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

i have the requirement that, we have to connect remote desktop over internet using sockets programming in .net. or else any other way to connect without sockets.. could any one please help me out.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Keerthip,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

How about this codeproject: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/43705/Remote-Desktop-using-C-NET 

Remote Desktop Services is one of Microsoft Windows components to access a remote computer through the network. Only the user interface of the application is presented at the client. Any input is redirected over to the remotecomputer over the network.

At work, we use Remote Desktop a great deal. It allows us to login to a remote server to perform health checks, deploy applications, troubleshoot problems, etc. We also use remote desktop often when we do WFH (work from home).

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:54 AM
  • Thanks for your reply mike,

i tried this one. but it is for intranet. how to access it through internet.

thanks again.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Thanks for your reply mike,

i tried this one. but it is for intranet. how to access it through internet.

thanks again.

Hi Keerthip,

I don't think so.

Please try the IP address and confirm the remote host can be connected.

I suggest you try to use Microsoft Remote desktop to connect it first:

1. open CMD;

2. type mstsc and Enter;

Usually, we connect the remote server first, and then we connect the intranet site through the server.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:46 AM
  • Thank u Mike, it is working for intranet.

thanks for ur help.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Thank u Mike, it is working for intranet.

thanks for ur help.

Hi Keerthip,

Doesn't the mstsc work for internet host?

Best regards,

Mike Feng

Friday, September 28, 2012 9:20 AM