delete a shortcut on Windows Mobile Standard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I'm currently working on Windows Mobile Standard (aka "Windows Mobile for Smartphone" aka non touch-screen devices). I'd like to remove a shortcut to the start menu. Thus, I removed the .lnk file from the "\Windows\Start Menu\" directory. The problem is that it remains in the "recent files" area (the one triggered when you click the Start button on the main screen.
    Actually, a iconless shortcut remains here, points to nowhere & can't be deleted by the user.
    After doing a bit of research, I found everything was stored in this registry key (byte array (RegistryValueKind.Binary) storing a unicode string):
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Shell\Start MRU
    After getting priviledged rights, I modified this byte array to delete my shortcut, though I'm probably doing it wrong since my application causes a system dump file backup (though my application does not crash or thrown any exception).
    So is there :
    • any documentation about what is the exact format of this key & how to modify it correctly
    • OR any way to delete a shortcut in a clean way so that it disappears from both the shortcuts directory & the virtual recent shortcuts directory ?
    Thanks for your help.

:-)
    Monday, March 2, 2009 11:40 AM

Answers

• Found the solution by doing some reverse engineering, but the solution had been posted by Alex Feinman here.
    Solved.

:-)
    • Marked as answer by Le Sage Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:50 AM