Deployment error in Windows Mobile5.0 Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

another issue,i am using Winmobile5 API with C# i am just keep getting this again and again

------ Build started: Project: Mobile5Db, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    Mobile5Db -> C:\Documents and Settings\Adnan\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Mobile5Db\Mobile5Db\bin\Debug\Mobile5Db.exe
    ------ Deploy started: Project: Mobile5Db, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    Deployment and/or registration failed with error: 0x80070020. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
     ========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I don`t understand what does it mean by "the file",in error list it displays like:

Error 1 Deployment and/or registration failed with error: 0x80070020. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
      Conman HelpText System 

any idea?

Thanks

Friday, August 5, 2005 7:37 PM

Answers

• the problem was due to abnormal shutdown of ActiveSync,when i deployed in presence of ActiveSync,it worked fine

Thnaks

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:49 AM

All replies

• On Windows Mobile applications are not closed, they are moved into background.
    Next time you try to redeploy, it won't work because application is running and its file is opened and could not be overwritten.

Make sure your application is terminated prior to redeployment. You can use System/Memory applet to terminate it.

Friday, August 5, 2005 7:47 PM
  • even i started the system(Virttual PC),no change
    Friday, August 5, 2005 8:28 PM
  • Reboot of your development machine won’t work if you saved state if the emulator or using the actual  device. You should reset device/emulator or kill your app as I suggested.

By the way, were you able to deploy at least ones? If not, it’s probably different issue.

Monday, August 8, 2005 2:33 AM
  • U can try following.
    On Emulator Menu,

File->Reset->soft.

or

Monday, August 8, 2005 12:58 PM
  • the problem was due to abnormal shutdown of ActiveSync,when i deployed in presence of ActiveSync,it worked fine

Thnaks

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:49 AM
  • That might explain why I'm getting this error -- I disabled ActiveSync.  Why do we need ActiveSync to run if we're not using Outlook and not trying to move information between our handheld and our other computer?  Does ActiveSync have to run to deploy a random application on the handheld?  If so, its documentation is not correct -- it says it's for synchronization with Outlook.

I guess I'll have to go figure out how to re-enable ActiveSync.
    Friday, November 3, 2006 4:32 PM