none
Tabular Data Stream (TDS) SQL Batch RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys

I am Abdulhamit and i work about TDS this times.I send the Pre-request and login7 packet to sql server and i got to responses but when i send to sql batch  request to port 1433, i couldnt get answer and server send me space response. i am stuck this problem.Are there anyone to help me ? (etc.document, example )

Thank you for your answer 

Have a nice day 

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Abdulhamit_

Thank you for your question.  An engineer will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 4:46 PM
  • Hello Abdulhamit, can you send me the network trace you have ? You can contact me at dochelp at microsoft dot com. I want to see if the Batch request has been properly formatted. You can easily check this at your end if you apply TDS parser in Microsoft message Analyzer tool.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open Specifications

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:56 PM
  • Hello Sreekanth

Thank you for your asnwer. I tryed the contact eith you but i couldnt.I deativated my computer firewall and i follow MS-TDS document. When ı send the Pre-request example which document has to port 1433 , I got the answer after i send login7 packet and than got login7 response this response is the same response which login 7 response in the document.I have to tell you; the request which i send is same request in the documnet ı dont change anything  if i want to change some things ,server not response to me . there are a some part which ı dont understand espacilliy login7 packet and ı couldnt find document about this topic.I am gonna send a picture. please explain me the parametre which i underline parametre.Sql_Batch

• Edited by Abdulhamit_ Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:52 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:51 AM
  • Hello Abdulhamit, It is not clear if you are saying you've attempted to send an email to contact me. Below is the explanation for highlighted items from your post above.

88 00 00 00 is the login record length.

ClientProgVer   Data Access Provider library version number e.g. ODBC driver 7.0
    ClientLCID        Language code identifier (LCID) value for the client collation.

<SQLBatch> <All_HEADERS>
    <TotalLength> <DWORD>16 00 00 00 </DWORD> </TotalLength>   ::  Total Length of all headers
    <Header>
    <HeaderLength> <DWORD>12 00 00 00 </DWORD> </HeaderLength>   ::  Length of current header
    <HeaderType> <USHORT>02 00 </USHORT> </HeaderType>          ::  type of header: See 2.2.5.3 Packet Data Stream Headers
    <HeaderData> <MARS>
    <TransactionDescriptor> <ULONGLONG>00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 </ULONGLONG> </TransactionDescriptor>   ::  It is a number that uniquely identifies the transaction with which the request is associated. It is initially generated by the server when a new transaction is created and returned to the client as part of the ENVCHANGE token stream.

Without looking at the exact network trace showing the TDS packet sent to the SQL Engine, it is hard to say where the problem is.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:07 PM
  • Dear Sreenkanth 

thank you for  your help.I visited the microsoft.com but  i couldnt find dochelps and ı couldnt contach with you. this is my e-mail adress send me your cardvisit after i Will you my hex code to examine

a.hamit.beydilli@gmail.com

I clearly understood parametre but what does ClientLCID must be  hex code  ? i write 09 04 00 00 but i guess this is wrong.

and there is a problem anotherside i examined the examples code which give to us in ms-tds  and i didint understand that is application name what is this ? in the example application name is OSQL-32 it must be this or not ?

what the important parametre in tds login7 packet ? which parametre shall i set ?

Best Regards

Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:54 AM
  • UPDATE 

Abdulhamit has resolved the issue he was having with his application closing the tcp port after submitting each TDS packet. Working with him on other issues via separate thread/e-mail.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Sunday, March 31, 2019 10:27 PM