Various issues with dev account registration RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to register dev account for a month now. I've already sent mail to support but issues couldn't get resolved. Posting question here for further help.

Account 1:

I'm not able to register the dev account for this. It always shows some correlation error while paying for the account. Contacted support team a month ago. Still no resolution for the issue.

Account 2:

Then I gave a try to another account. This time I was able to register the account ( all payment etc done successfully). But I couldn't add payout for the account. Later after few attempts in different browser my account itself got removed. I've sent mail to support but no response.

Account 3:

I tried again with different account. Again register the account successfully - paid amount etc. But this time also I couldn't "add payout". Edge browser doesn't show "save" button while adding payout. I sent mail again to support team but after few hours my account got remove again.

So I've tried 3 times but couldn't get dev account working for a single time and end up paying 2 times in vain. I'm not even getting response from support team.

Can someone help me on this ? I'm stuck with these various issues.

Thanks. 

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hi AkRan20,

I do understand your feeling for being stuck with these issues.

>Account 1:

For this error, you might try to sign in billing.microsoft.com with that account and ensure all the account profile information is completed. Or you could try a different web browser.

>Account 2&3:

First, please check if your country/region support paid apps(payout) in Account types, locations, and fees.

And the reason for your account being removed, I think you could refer to App Developer Agreement, which has mentioned that “If you fail to keep your Store Account in good standing (for example, by failing to pay fees, if any, associated with the Store Account, by giving Microsoft incorrect or outdated information, by engaging in dishonest or fraudulent activity, by failing to maintain an active state in the Store catalog, or by repeatedly submitting Apps that violate this Agreement, abusing the Store service, or interfering with any other party's use of the Store service) Microsoft may revoke your Store Account ”

Also , you have to make sure you own the rights to use your publisher display name. If someone else has trademarked or copyrighted the name you picked, your account can be closed too.

If you still receive no response from support team, you could try to Contact Dev Center Support so that you will be assisted better.

Please click “Submit an incident” on the right side of that page. Thank you.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, October 3, 2016 10:00 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:34 AM
  • Hi AKRan20,
    >I also remember removal of one of my account after reserving app name (I didn't publish the app though). Does trademark or copyright also applicable on app names too even if those are available ?
    Yes, you might have to make sure that you have the rights to use the name that you reserve(even if they are available). Because someone else could report an infringement and you won’t be able to keep using the name if they have trademarked name. For published app, it will be removed from the Store.
    More details, please look into Trademark and copyright protection.

>Also, Is there a safe and easy way of choosing display name such that it doesn't cause such issue ?
    You need to keep it within the length(50 characters or fewer) and friendly. Just make sure you have the rights to use this name so that your account won’t be closed.
    If you really don’t know if the name you picked has been trademarked or copyrighted, please create a request here for further assistance.
    Click “Submit an incident” on the right side of that page. Thank you.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:31 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hi AkRan20,

I do understand your feeling for being stuck with these issues.

>Account 1:

For this error, you might try to sign in billing.microsoft.com with that account and ensure all the account profile information is completed. Or you could try a different web browser.

>Account 2&3:

First, please check if your country/region support paid apps(payout) in Account types, locations, and fees.

And the reason for your account being removed, I think you could refer to App Developer Agreement, which has mentioned that “If you fail to keep your Store Account in good standing (for example, by failing to pay fees, if any, associated with the Store Account, by giving Microsoft incorrect or outdated information, by engaging in dishonest or fraudulent activity, by failing to maintain an active state in the Store catalog, or by repeatedly submitting Apps that violate this Agreement, abusing the Store service, or interfering with any other party's use of the Store service) Microsoft may revoke your Store Account ”

Also , you have to make sure you own the rights to use your publisher display name. If someone else has trademarked or copyrighted the name you picked, your account can be closed too.

If you still receive no response from support team, you could try to Contact Dev Center Support so that you will be assisted better.

Please click “Submit an incident” on the right side of that page. Thank you.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu

Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:34 AM
  • Thanks Mattew!!

It seems publisher display name could have been the reason in that case. I've couple of queries as given below.

1. I also remember removal of one of my account after reserving app name (I didn't publish the app though). Does trademark or copyright also applicable on app names too even if those are available ?
    2. Also, Is there a safe and easy way of choosing display name such that it doesn't cause such issue ?

Thanks.

Monday, September 26, 2016 12:25 PM
  • Hi AKRan20,
    >I also remember removal of one of my account after reserving app name (I didn't publish the app though). Does trademark or copyright also applicable on app names too even if those are available ?
    Yes, you might have to make sure that you have the rights to use the name that you reserve(even if they are available). Because someone else could report an infringement and you won’t be able to keep using the name if they have trademarked name. For published app, it will be removed from the Store.
    More details, please look into Trademark and copyright protection.

>Also, Is there a safe and easy way of choosing display name such that it doesn't cause such issue ?
    You need to keep it within the length(50 characters or fewer) and friendly. Just make sure you have the rights to use this name so that your account won’t be closed.
    If you really don’t know if the name you picked has been trademarked or copyrighted, please create a request here for further assistance.
    Click “Submit an incident” on the right side of that page. Thank you.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu

• Edited by Mattew Wu Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:31 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:26 AM